The Ministry of Education has facilitated the signing of landmark Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) between University of Delhi and the States of Assam, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir for implementation of the Samarth ERP system in Higher Education Departments (HEDs) and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of these states and UT. These collaborations will elevate the educational landscape and empower HEDs and HEIs across the country with efficient governance and innovative technology.
The MOUs were signed in a ceremony on 29th July 2023 at Delhi at the 'Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam' event, coinciding with the third anniversary of NEP. Prof. Sanjeev Singh of University of Delhi and Principal Investigator for Samarth Initiative, and dignitaries from States and UT formalized the agreement.
Samarth, an initiative supported by the Ministry of Education, is renowned for its Higher Education ERP system that centralizes diverse campus functions into a cohesive automation system. The platform empowers Universities and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) with a digital framework for planning, management, delivery, and monitoring of operations and services, thereby aligning with the transformative goals of the National Education Policy (NEP). DU is the development and implementation partner for Samarth Initiative.
The MOU signing between DU and State Governments under the auspices of the Ministry of Education signifies a resolute step towards a technology-driven and progressive higher education ecosystem. The partnership reflects the joint commitment of all entities to further the goals of NEP and unlock the full potential of higher education in states in harmony with a shared vision.
The MOU encompasses a range of key objectives outlined for adoption and implementation of Samarth ERP in State HEIs, including:
- Enhancing Administrative Efficiency by leveraging automation and data management capabilities of Samarth ERP.
- Streamlining Service Delivery to students, faculty, and staff through Samarth's user-friendly interface and self-service options for various academic and administrative functions.
- Promoting Standardization of HEI processes in accordance with policies of the State and Govt. of India through a cohesive plan.
- Promote informed decision-making by utilizing Samarth's advanced analytics tools to obtain real-time Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and insights to support policy and governance.
- Facilitating Monitoring and Compliance through Samarth's centralized data dashboards.
- Integrate Samarth with existing and upcoming higher education initiatives led by the state, promoting interoperability and a unified ecosystem for effective knowledge sharing and service delivery.
- Achieving NEP Goals of Holistic and Multidisciplinary Education, Technology Integration, inclusivity and equitable access to education services, Flexible Academic Curricula, Facilitating Credit Transfer and Academic Bank of Credits (ABC), Transparency and Accountability and Quality Assessment and Accreditation.