Database Administrators are responsible for keeping database systems that support all user-facing services and production systems running smoothly 24/7/365.
- Apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline and mature automation, specializing in databases (MySQL and MongoDB in particular)
- Work on database reliability and performance aspects with the programming and R&D teams, as well as work on shipping solutions with the product.
- Analyze solutions and implement best practices for our main MySQL and MongoDB database cluster and its components.
- Work on observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our database objectives.
- Work with peers to roll out changes to our production environment and help mitigate database-related production incidents.
- OnCall support to the team.
- Identify the SLO (Service Level Objectives) that will align the team to meet the availability and latency objectives.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (for example through reviews of database migrations, queries and performance optimizations).
- Work on automation of database infrastructure and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Plan the growth of database infrastructure.
- Design, build and maintain core database infrastructure pieces that allow to scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Support and debug database production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Leads and participates in several projects, having an overview and giving input on projects to be accomplished with the best performance and lower impact.
- Have at least 2 years of experience running MySQL in large production environments
- Have experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform...)
- Have experience with any object oriented programming language in a software engineering role
- Have strong programming skills
- Have solid understanding of SQL
- Have solid understanding of the internals of MySQL
- Have experience working in a distributed production environment
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Have the ability to orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks. Knowledge in config management systems like Chef (the one we use)
- Passion for stable and secure systems management practices
- Strong data modeling and data structure design skills
You can also send your resume along with cover letters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Informatics & Communication, Delhi, South Campus, 110021, India
फ़रवरी 26, 2021